Affinity groups at OES are designed to support families whose identities have been underrepresented or marginalized and increase families’ sense of belonging in the community by providing spaces for renewal, 对话, 反射, 和行动.
These groups offer caregivers the opportunity to discuss their individual 经验s among a peer group that shares a common identity. 父母 and guardians develop self-awareness and cultural knowledge, 解决问题的社会互动, 建立支持社区. Thr groups are facilitated by two to three parent facilitators, 并获权益局局长支持 & 包容. 点击这里 to learn more about affinity and allyship groups for students.
为了支持所有的学生, OES recently made the intentional decision to support the formation of a 色彩亲和组学生家长/监护人. We hope to add more affinity groups as our capacity grows.
Affinity groups support the community’s development of cultural competence and acknowledge the human dignity of all. As well as living into the stated values of the school:
- 意识: 人类的差异问题. 认识和参与人类思想的范围, 经验, 和身份对这个学校社区至关重要.
- 对话: The extent to which the school commits to ongoing 对话 and effort towards inclusion will determine our ability to wholly fulfill the school's 任务 and realize its Vision.
- 勇气: OES recognizes that conversations about inclusive community require cour年龄. Mistakes and times of discomfort are a part of the learning process.
- 承诺: The OES Board of Trustees recognizes its leadership role in creating an eng年龄d community that:
- Embraces and celebrates a diversity of people, voices, and perspectives.
- Develops intercultural communication skills for local and global understanding and citizenship.
- 理解历史上的特权和权力不平等, and challenges norms and systems that perpetuate exclusion.
- Regularly evaluates and strengthens the school's practices of equity and inclusion.
These groups are an additional avenue for adults and their students to work towards mastery of these OES Essential Competencies:
充分履行亚博外围买球的使命和身份, we eng年龄 students and adults in a continuous process of exploration, 连接, 创建, 承诺, 和反射. We strive to develop for all members of our community the opportunities and ability to:
- Listen actively and recognize perspectives beyond one’s own
- Build resilience and respond constructively to challenges